Sunday, July 17, 2005

One minute we're shopping for furniture...

... and the next, we're up to our nips in the ocean! I love the beach!!


The Speregen clan and I went shopping for sofas yesterday because the weather forcast predicted rain all day. Well, it never did, and we were pissed because we share the same belief: "Never shop when you can swim!". So... hot, sweaty, and not really feeling the love for anything we sat on, we all decided to pile into the car and shoot out to Rockaway for an evening dip (and hopefully some bodysurfing).

Hannah (in the pic with me), just recently 14, and who I've known since she was only a picture on a sonogram, was a bit out of sorts and needed a good dunking in the ocean as only I can provide.

Anyway, we didn't get out of the water till after dark, and found ourselves almost stepping on sleeping seagulls nested in the sand as we walked back to the boardwalk. It's amazing how washing off the day in the ocean makes me feel 20 years younger and emotionally light as a feather.

Zoomed back into the city (after being dropped off at the train in Brooklyn) cleaned up and ran out to a barbeque in Soho and afterwards, drinks with friends and Patch.

Ooftah! I'm ready to do it all over again today.

2 Comments:

At Sun Jul 17, 07:34:00 PM, Blogger joanne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Mon Jul 18, 01:49:00 AM, Blogger NYaquaman said...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it. If you'd like to talk and need an ear, call me anytime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home